Automating the Removal of LinkedIn Connections

So on changing my career ambitions from the banking industry to computer software, I decided to update my LinkedIn profile after about 2 years since the switch. I had so many connections, close to 800, that are not relevant to my new ambitions at all. I had to remove them. I removed about 5 of them manually and the lazy bit of me was already complaining.

So I set back and wrote a script to help me remove them.
function removeConnection() {
  setInterval(function() {
    // click ellipsis
    document.querySelector('[data-control-name="ellipsis"]').click();
    // click delete button
    setTimeout(function() {
      document.querySelector('li[class*="delete"] button').click();
      // click the confirm button
      setTimeout(function() {
        document.querySelector('[data-control-name="confirm_removed"]').click();
      }, 100);
    }, 100);
  }, 250);
}

removeConnection();
I open LinkedIn, hit `My Network` and then `Connections`. Opened developer tools to access the browser console and pasted the script and hit Return on my Keyboard.
With that, I was able to remove about 3-4 contacts per second. In less than 4min, I was down to a fresh start. I closed the LinkedIn browser tab so that the `setInterval` stops running and opened a fresh one. 😉

What a quack hack!! 😂We can use that in other places too where bulk removal is not an option; just adjust the script to match their proper query selectors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focus